Year 5 had the opportunity to visit Handsworth Fire Station to learn about the dangers of fire and what to do in the event of fire in the home.
Pupils were able to stand behind a special screen, to see first-hand a chip pan fire and witness what happens when a door was opened and more oxygen was let in. They also learned what to do if they find themselves in a smoke filled room as well as the dangers of making prank calls.
Ciara said "It was an exciting and interesting day. I really enjoyed dressing up in the clothes but unfortunately I couldn't go in the smoke room because of my asthma. It was fun walking backwards down the stairs".